'9 Baby Buys I Can't Live Without!'
Updated: Aug 22, 2019
1. Doona® Car Seat Stroller This car seat is suitable from age 0 to approximately 15 months (depending on your child's weight). The Doona® Car Seat Stroller has been a lifesaver for me. The fact that it can turn into a pushchair at a simple click of a button makes it super easy to get in and out of the car when Ethan and I have a lot of errands to run. I can imagine it would also be useful for my fellow mamas doing the school run with a baby, when they need to get out of the car in a dash. I found that's its been really helpful when Ethan is sleeping, as I don't have to wake him to transfer him from his pushchair to carseat base. The only thing to mention is that it is comparatively heavier than regular car seats, but the fact that you can push rather than carry for me negates that downside. I would say that it's a second pushchair to have, as it doesn't have any space underneath for storage e.g. for bags or groceries. But overall I love this product and wish they made a bigger size so I could continue using it!
2. Boppy® Pillow This was great for me when Ethan was younger and I was still breastfeeding. The pillow was comfortable yet firm enough to offer some support for your arm or little baby when breastfeeding. When Ethan was about 3/4months I also used it to support Ethan to sit up.
3. Sleepyhead® Deluxe This product has been really useful for us and still is as you can purchase the next size up as your baby grows. It's very lightweight (which I know for a fact because Ethan carries it all the time lol) and portable. The Sleepyhead® was especially useful when we travelled abroad to Corfu as a family. It meant that we could place this in the cot provided by the hotel and he still had that familiarity of his own sleep routine. It can also be used to co-sleep with your baby as it has raised edges. It is also easy to clean, although it does shrink slightly in the wash, but overall I couldn't recommend this product enough!
Link: https://rstyle.me/+2CT1iZQz-siJJPuHUrDWiQ 4. Prince Lionheart® Slumber Bear Premium (Sound Machine) The sound machine we have is attached to a cute toy bear so fits perfectly into his room. This has been a vital part in our sleep routine and I can't recommend this enough either. On Ethan's machine you can select either crashing waves, womb sounds or classical music which can comfort and soothe your baby at nap time. The white noise is a familiar sound that calms them down and helps them drift to sleep.
Link: https://rstyle.me/+pK3AOlAqvgjrAbULWGIV1g 5. Tommy Tippee® Bottle Steriliser This has been very handy as you can sterilise multiple things at once. It's also very easy to use; you just push a button and bing! It's done!
6. MAM Anti-Colic Bottles They do what they say on the label. They are great for ensuring your baby doesn't get trapped wind when feeding. It does this by using a suction mechanism at the bottom of the bottle to expel the air bubbles. And Ethan also loves the teats on the MAM bottles. The only downside would be that there are a few extra parts when assembling the bottle, which for some may be a tad confusing.
7. Chicco® Next2Me Side Crib This is great for co-sleeping in the same room without the added risk of sleeping in the same bed with your baby. It attaches to your bedside where the crib unzips and folds down so you can easily reach your baby. The height is also adjustable, so it's great for various bed types. The Chicco® Next2Me Crib is also quite large in comparison to other co-sleeping cribs so could be used for a fair bit longer as your baby grows. It's better value for money! It could also be used as a travel cot, which is great. The only things to note are that it doesn't rock and it can be very fiddly to assemble, but once that's out of the way it functions like a dream.
8. Baby Einstein® Jumperoo This has to one of my all time mum hacks lol. Ethan loves this. The jumperoo we purchased was quite pricey from John Lewis, but it was important that we got one that was sturdy and wouldn't tip over with his weight or him jumping too vigorously. Purchasing one that had lots of toys attached was also important to keep him stimulated for longer, and this one ticked all those boxes. The jumperoo is great if you want to clean or quickly grab something to eat undisturbed, as it keeps them busy for a while.
9. Red Kite® Sleep Tight Travel Cot/Play Pen This has been very beneficial for us now that Ethan is 10 months and doing so much crawling and gliding. He loves playing with his toys and wants to be unrestricted whilst doing so. What I do is put all his toys inside the travel cot and leave him to it. For us, the travel cot has been perfect for allowing him to be independent but safe at the same time. Well... it'll keep him busy for 10 minutes at least!
I hope these help you as much as they've helped me!